Village Residents pay property taxes to Albany County, Town of Guilderland and the Village of Altamont.
- The Town and County Property Taxes is payable in January of each year.
- The Village Property Taxes is payable in June of each year.
- Village Residents pay school taxes to Guilderland School District. School Taxes are payable September of each year.
- The Village of Altamont 2018-2019 Property Tax Rate: $2.7335 per $1,000.
- No tax increase in 2018-2019.
Total Village Budget for 2017-2018 is as follows:
|Total||General Fund||Water Fund||Sewer Fund|
|Less Estimated Revenue - Other than Real Property Tax||$835,060||$29,560||$17,000|
|Appropriated Cash Surplus||$266,406(*)||$12,472||$84,575|
|Balance of Appropriations to be raised by taxes|
(*) - The Village Board approve a one-time $ 125,000 increase from the unappropriated fund balance to pay for the Fire House Renovation (Brick veneer repair, etc). The project will be going out for bid/completion in 2018-2019 budget year.
For Tax Rates for Albany County, Town of Guilderland and Guilderland School Taxes, please visit the Town of Guilderland Website.